Manna Monday

9:00 AM


In the past, my walk with Christ has been a very slow one...almost crawling to be honest. I grew up in your typical southern churchgoing family background: my grandma took me to church with her, my mom took me to church with her so naturally I just thought that going to church was the answer. Not necessarily "church" but literally going to church. College changed all of that for me.

I began going to church with a couple of good friends because I thought I needed to, not because I had ever really experienced the joy of God on my own. Well, my freshman year was more of a time of exploration than I had ever anticipated: I went to at least four different churches that year. Sure the messages at the first three were good but this last church set my soul on fire for the first time. The college students sat together in a small room and had bible study before the service. Everyone was amazing - it was truly the first time someone had sat down and explained parts of the bible to me. In all honesty, I was overwhelmed (in the best of ways). That church service was the first time I was able to internalize what the pastor was saying!

Four years later, I don't belong to that church but have joined a different church that I have an even better connection with. My time immersing myself in a relationship with God has led me to such a strong understanding of His love and instilled more confidence and self-love than I can even put in words. Like most followers will tell you, a "mature" relationship with God is ongoing but I am certainly glad that I am on that path to learning more about Him and His plan for me. Learning these things has not been easy, but has come through consistent prayer and flowing conversation.

In the Bible, manna is the food that God gave to the Israelites during their travels, a food from Heaven that The Lord granted to them among their travels. In Luke 4:4, Jesus says "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." Numerous times have I heard that we should crave the word of The Lord rather than the desires of our flesh. The word of God should be our manna, or food that He had given us from above. So, I've said all of this to say that this post begins a new weekly feature of what I would like to call Manna Monday.

I do not claim to know everything about God or Jesus (I haven't even read the entire Bible for goodness sake), but I do know that every being on earth needs spiritual nourishment. Each Monday, I am going to share a scripture that I have been meditation on in the hopes that His Word helps you during your tough time!

This week, it seemed only fitting to open up with these verses from Luke (4:3-4):


Crave The Lord the more than things of this earth. When you find yourself turning to things of the world, turn to Him instead.

What verses are you meditating on this week? I would love to know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMMUNITY