Happy Friday! Mini Makeup Haul: 5 Must Have Products under $10!

8:05 AM



Happy Friday (hold the 13th) loves! Today, my dear friend Angela has taken over my blog with a mini makeup haul! While I love my lipsticks, getting the rest of the face to look flawless has always been a struggle. She's always been much better at it than I have :) Keep reading for her must have products and let us know some of yours!


I’m no make up artist, but I absolutely love a beat face. Whether it’s for a special event or just because, sometimes you just like getting dolled up. I recently added some new products to my make up drawer that made me wonder why I had never tried them before. A few of these are dupes for a prestige brand that I think will make you raise an eyebrow. Did I mention that they’re all less than $10?
Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation: This oil-free foundation gives a light to medium coverage. The formula is very breathable. It gives me an even natural look that I can wear all day without feeling weighed down. Sometimes I feel like I’m not even wearing make up.  Ready, Set Gorgeous comes in 12 shades and can be found at Walmart, Target and Ulta for $7-$8.

NYX Micro Brow Pencil: Everyone knows that eyebrows are extremely important. They frame your face. This super thin pencil is perfect for filling in your eyebrows for a natural finish. I used to use a regular sized pencil and boy what a difference does this smaller one make. I use this pencil alone to revive my brows on days that I don't make up my whole face. Dupe alert: This is very similar to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz that everyone raves about ($21). The Micro Brow Pencil comes in eight shades and can be purchased at Ulta for $10.

NYX Tint & Frame Brow Pomade: This might just be the best pomade I’ve tried. It’s easy to apply and allows me to give my brows whatever shape I want. When I say this stuff stays put, it doesn’t budge. I finally found something that doesn't fade or accidentally rub off during the day. One night I fell asleep with my makeup on and woke up with my brows still perfectly in tact. That’s how good this stuff is. Dupe alert: This pomade is very similar to Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Dipbrow Pomade ($18). The Tint & Frame Brow Pomade comes in five shades and can be purchased at Ulta for $7.

L.A. Girl Matte Pigment Gloss: Lately I’ve had an obsession with all things matte so when L.A. Girl added this to their line, I had to try it. This glides on so easily like a lipgloss and dries into a matte lipstick. It comes in 16 bold shades. I bought Backstage and Rebel. They are very pigmented and stay put all day. Dupe alert:  These matte glosses can be compared to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams ($6). L.A. Girl’s Matte Pigment Gloss stays put longer and retails for $5 on lagirlusa.com. You might want to check your local beauty supply stores though - I found them at mine for $3.99!

NYX Be Gone! Lip Color Remover: I have a few lip stains that unfortunately last into the next day. I’ve used good old soap and water, makeup remover wipes and coconut oil and some of them still won’t budge. It didn’t occur to me until recently that they have actual lip color remover. Slide this on your lips like lip balm, massage it in a little bit, wipe your lips off and say goodbye to that stubborn lip color. This can be purchased at Ulta for $5.

What new makeup products have you tried recently? Any must haves you want to share with the world?


Follow Angela on Twitter at @Angelac_3 and be on the lookout for the launch of her new blog called Keeping Up with A.Coop!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMMUNITY