PeekABoo PrettyGirl Turns Three

1:03 PM




While the comfort of my bed and the coziness of my pajamas normally have a hold on me, I do enjoy the opportunity to get dolled up every now and then. Dressing up is even better when I have an amazing party to attend, awesome people to share it with, and delicious food. (Y'all really thought I wasn't going to mention the food? Pshh.) Last weekend, I not only had the opportunity to attend a amazing function, but to actually be a part in executing it!


This past Saturday, local Columbia nonprofit PeekABoo PrettyGirl celebrated three years of  promoting confidence and high self-esteem within young girls and women through the principles of leadership, health, spiritual wellness, fashion, and cosmetic beauty. All of the money from ticket sales go directly to a local women's shelter, charity or PABPG programs for the community. With so much to celebrate, what better way to mark three years than with a party?


The event brought out nearly 100 young professionals to #PartyWithAPurpose. Upon entering Studio Cellar, a chic art gallery located in downtown Columbia, the first thing I noticed was the atmosphere: elegant white lights strung from the ceiling and the walls were covered from floor to ceiling with colorful, lively paintings. Pink and purple balloons and streamers combined to make a birthday-esque photo background the Instagram cutout was just the icing on the cake (see what I did there?)



Complete with a mashed potato bar, fruit and veggie plates, beer & wine and a purple party punch, this celebration, rightfully named #PG3, was a huge success! I'm so happy to have had the opportunity to work with these ladies and am looking forward to doing more events with them in the future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMMUNITY