Recent Grad Life & Why It IS All It's Cracked Up To Be

9:20 AM

It's been almost two months down to the day since I graduated from college. I can't lie and say that the back-to-college bedding sales and $2 binders at Walmart don't make me a little nostalgic. I miss school. A LOT. Heck, I'd even venture to say that I am (slightly) jealous of all of my friends who get to go back to school. Maybe I'm green with envy because I feel like I'm too old for those "Back In Session" parties and would love another reason to dress up. (We all know that the first day of school is 10% meeting your new professors and 90% seeing people you haven't talked to since May. You gotta look good.) But still, even though this is the first fall semester that won't be spent in a classroom or enjoying free football games, I truly believe that recent grad life is better than college.


No HW
I have always hated homework. The stuff that I do at school shouldn't follow me back to my apartment when I'm trying to binge watch Orange is the New Black, okay? Well now, it doesn't. And I LOVE it.

Grown Up Groceries
No more Ramen noodles for me buddy! Okay I'm definitely kidding but still, I have actual groceries in my house. Like real peppers that I cut up and put into my omelettes. AND I can meal prep because I actually have food for the rest of the week. It's made being healthy much easier and has been EXTREMELY cost effective. I don't think I'p truly realized how much I spent on crap food and eating out until I made my budget and started cooking regularly.

Apartments Worth Decorating
My college apartment wasn't horrible but it definitely wasn't the cutest on the block. Now, I'm paying for something (much more reasonably priced, might I add) that has the potential to look like something other than the remnants of a morning-after-frat-party-cleanup. Pinterest has been my best friend throughout this decorating process.

No After Hours Commitments
Yes, this goes back to point number one. No, I don't care because I'm not just talking about homework! When I go home, I immediately take a shower (because pants are annoying), make dinner and tomorrow's lunch, talk to my boyfriend and lay in my bed watching Power or Once Upon A Time. I attend Bible study, volunteer with a nonprofit and am in an alumnae chapter of my sorority so that tends to keep me busy but for the most part, the most serious commitment that I've made since I've graduated is to be asleep by midnight...and I always keep my commitments.

Naps on Naps on Naps
Does this need explaining? Sometimes I do get coerced into going out with my friends to celebrate a birthday or just enjoy being young. On these days, I'm OVERJOYED that I don't have to worry about finishing up an assignment before I go out or printing out something at the library before heading out. While my collegiate friends are doing scholarly things, I'll be napping it up in my bed. My lunch break on the day after these outings is normally spent napping in my car. Just being honest.

What about you? How do you feel about recent grad life?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMMUNITY