Four Pretty Cool Apps

10:17 PM

I'm far from a techie. (For one, my computer of four years is spazzing for no reason and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it.) However, when I upgraded from my shattered iPhone 4 to a shiny new iPhone 6, I felt like I finally stepped into the 21st century. Aside from installing the essentials (the Bible app, Snapchat, and Pinterest), I was introduced to zillions of new apps. Below are just a few that I found to be pretty cool since I've upgraded.

1. ROADIE- Truth be told, the only reason I downloaded this app was because, in doing so, I got a free waffle from Waffle House. As it turns out, Roadie is actually a pretty awesome app. Say you're moving to a town half an hour away. You don't have a truck, nor do you have tons money to spare so renting a $100 U-Haul isn't an option. What do you do? Open your Roadie app, create a "Gig," and have someone transport it of course. Just create a Gig and the app will match you with a Roadie driver who’s headed that direction. Think of it as carpooling for cargo. The Roadie driver gets paid and the sender get's their stuff moved without a hassle.

2. THINKING TALENTS - Anything endorsed/created/backed by Levo League is automatically a favorite of mine. This app was no exception. Thinking Talents describe your natural working style and what you can't help but being good at, even without training. After you uncover your talents with the quiz, it will show you your customized Thinking Talents Analysis. You'll see how your talents can be used to your advantage, like crafting the perfect elevator pitch for example.

3. SWORKIT LITE - Finding good workouts that can be done in the gym or in my living room is a tiresome feat. (Can finding an exercise be exercising?) However, SWORKIT lite has made it ten times easier. Choose your workout (strength, cardio, yoga, stretching), select your workout type, set the time and get fit! Workouts can range anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour and, trust me, you'll feel it the next day.



4. YUMMLY - Am I the only one that has trouble coming up with recipes for those random leftover ingredients? Well thanks to this app, you won't have to worry about this. Type in an ingredient and it'll pull up a bunch of recipes with that super random ingredient you can't do anything with (like oyster sauce). Along with this awesome search capability, you also get tailored shopping lists, a digital recipe box, and even ingredients delivered to your door!




Have you used any of these apps? What are your favorites?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

COMMUNITY