Caught My Eye

9:13 PM

Hi everyone! Below are just a few things that have caught my eye over the last week that I would like to share!

ONE: The Angelica Doll
Whether it's a trend or here to stay, natural girls around the world are rejoicing at the sight of this new children's doll. Angelica Sweeting, a mother of two beautifully natural girls, saw her children suffer with self-esteem issues at only three years old. The dolls they played with had pale white skin and long, flowing blonde hair. When she did go shopping for new dolls, she found that none looked like her daughters. Her solution? Meet Angelica - an 18-inch African American doll that has fully style-able natural hair. The project is still in it's backing stages on Kickstarter so go support!

TWO: Lighting Africa
Even though entertainment icon Akon has been off of the music scene for a bit, that doesn't mean he isn't doing awesome things. At the United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Forum, Akon announced his plan to launch a new solar academy for the continent of Africa. Lighting Africa has already installed street lights and small household solar systems in 14 countries - what an amazing project!

THREE: LA Raises Minimum Wage
Obviously I'm living in the wrong place. Yes, the cost of living is much higher in LA than it is down here in the South, but still...that's a good chunk of change.

FOUR: 'This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like A ....' Music Video
Like most college-aged Americans, Maroon 5 has been one of my favorite bands since middle school. So, how could I mention their new video? Bonus: I've heard that Adam Levine bares a good bit in the clip (meaning his butt). P.S. Yes, I've watched it. P.P.S. Don't judge me.

FIVE: Kendall and Kylie's Pacsun Collection
As much as I love watching Keeping Up with the Kardashian's, (who doesn't?) their hundred thousand dollar dresses and million dollar homes that I love are far beyond my [pocket's] reach. Kendall and Kylie's collection at Pacsun, however, is much more affordable and just as cute! Check it out if you have a chance.


What's caught your eye this week? Let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMMUNITY