In The Kitchen

7:23 PM


Cooking is probably as far as you could get from my strong point. Over the past few years, I have had to learn how to cook the basics just to survive but for the most part, I leave the serious stuff to my roommates and my friends. A few days ago, a good friend & classmate of mine, Jawondolyn, snapped pictures of an amazing-looking frittata that I was dying to try. Fortunately, she has allowed me to feature the recipe on my blog for you all to try!
Below is her recipe for a delicious vegetarian dinner frittata! (Don't feel freaked out about the vegetarian part, it's fantastic.)

Trying to find new and easy things to make for dinner can be a challenge. Especially when you want it to be healthy and affordable too. Well you’re in luck because my recipe for Vegetarian Dinner Frittata is packed with protein and Vitamin C covered in yummy goodness. 

Here’s what you’ll need: 
12 eggs 
1 pound of (vegetarian) hamburger meat 
6 mini peppers (red and yellow) 
½ green bell peppers (diced)
1 cup of green onions (diced) 
2 celery stalks (diced) 
1 block of cheese (I used Cheddar) 
Olive Oil
Salt 
Pepper 
Other Seasonings of your choice
Medium Sized Skillet
Blender (optional) 
13 x 9 x 2 inch glass pan 

1. Preheat oven to 425 F 
2. Prepare your vegetables; I like to dice them pretty small to make sure each spoonful of your frittatahas them. 
3. Pre heat 2 tablespoon of oil and proceed to sauté vegetables for about 5 minutes.
4. Follow by sautéing hamburger meat for about 7 minutes.
5. Next I like to blend the eggs; if you prefer not to use a blender you can simply beat them with a fork. Before I blend I add my preferred seasonings: Salt and Pepper. 
6. Lightly oil the glass pan. 
7. Spread the hamburger meat on to the bottom on the pan, and then spread the vegetables on top. 
8. Take you egg blend and pour it evenly into your glass pan. 
9. Place the pan into the oven and wait 30  45 minutes depending on how dark you want your frittata. 

This recipe makes 10 servings at around 270 calories per serving. This meal is also very high in Protein and Vitamin C with nearly 50% of your daily value. I will warn this meal is especially high in Cholesterol so avoid if you are especially sensitive to cholesterol intake.
 
Anyone have a similar recipe? Anxious to try this one out?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMMUNITY