PEAKS + PITS, PRAYERS + PRAISES

3:40 PM

Thankfully this week is over! Even though we had a day off on Monday in honor of Martin Luther King. Jr.'s birthday, this week still felt extremely long. Regardless, the weekend is here which means sleep, Netflix and food! (There might be a couple of workouts thrown in there too.)

Today, I would like to introduce something that I've been looking forward to doing for a while now. Each week, I will write about my peak (an especially significant event that made me happy) and pit (a significant low point) of the week, along with a couple of prayers and praises

PEAK: Celebrating one year with my boyfriend on Wednesday was definitely the peak of my week! He's such an amazing guy and I'm so happy to have spent time with him :)

PIT: Tuesday was a particularly long day for me. Four back-to-back classes and tons of schoolwork really overwhelmed, bringing on a LOT of stress. This year is the first year I learned how to handle my stress and keep calm but it's still something I'm really struggling with. 

PRAYERS: Family of course is always in my prayers but I'm sending up a special prayer for my mother! She's such a hardworking, loving woman whose gone above & beyond for me over the years so I'm just gonna send up a special prayer to keep her happy & healthy. 

PRAISES: A group of friends and I have been working hard to revive the Association of Black Journalists chapter on our campus and it has been pretty tough. At the student organization fair hosted by my university on Wednesday, we had TONS of interested members! We've been working extremely hard to get the org. up and running so I just wanna praise Him for allowing our organization to grow!

What was your peak of the week? Any pit that you're working on overcoming?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMMUNITY