2015 Blogging Goals

2:49 PM

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm totally new to this whole "blogging" thing. However, I've really enjoyed exploring the blogosphere and expanding my own skills while doing so! So, instead of falling off the map like I did before, I'm setting some goals for the new year to keep my blog on track and stay consistent!


Goal #1: PLAN
When I look at my favorite blogs, they seem so organized. Posts published back to back aren't completely different but nothing is repetitive either. (Seriously, it's amazing how you guys do that!) This year, I am going to dedicate more time to planning out my posts. Normally I just write whatever is on my mind at the moment but after I experienced, writing, editing and creating graphics for a post all in one day, I realized how exhausting it would be to do that every single day. So, whether it be a blog planner or just writing down ideas a week in advance, planning is my number one blog goal for 2015!

Goal #2: Maintain a Regular Publishing Schedule
While I write quite often, my publishing is pretty sporadic. Sometimes I publish things back to back, sometimes I publish once a week. Looking back through my archives, it's pretty weird to see such huge gaps. This year, I would like to start publishing a bit more regularly.

Goal #3: Consider Self-Hosting
While I've heard of self-hosting, I've never done research on the actual benefits of self-hosting. I will definitely look into this a little bit more!
*Also, if you guys have any advice, please let me know! Pros? Cons?*

Goal #4: Develop My Niche
All of my favorite blogs have a niche, something that defines their blog from the other million blogs in the world. Currently, I am still trying to develop my niche but I think I'm leaning more towards lifestyle & travel.

Goal #5: Keep Improving "The Look"
Recently, I've started learning about HTML and CSS and I've got to say it's been pretty interesting! (I might even say fun!) Code Academy has been suuuuuper helpful. Aside from teaching you the basics, the geniuses over at Code Academy actually teach you the differences between the two and show you how to construct a website from scratch! After creating a website from scratch for literally 10 hours, I really want to start applying some of those skills to improving the look of my own blog!

Goal #6: Get Social
Apparently, I've been missing out on a major marketing tool for A Star In the Ascendant - BlogLovin. Aside from creating a BlogLovin account, I would like to create some other social media pages for the blog (Facebook, Twitter and maybe even an Instagram).

Goal #7: Connect With Other Bloggers
I had no idea there are so many different communities for bloggers! From regionally-based to content based, learning more about these communities and connecting with other bloggers seems like a great way to bounce ideas off of one another and learn more about blogging.

What blogging goals do you guys have? Any tips?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

COMMUNITY